Sunday 26 February 2012

Summer Stir Fry with Egg Fried Rice

by Amy


Substitutions: None
Rating: 8

Today has been so sunny that I've been hankering after this one again. We made this the other Friday instead of a Chinese takeaway, as takeaways now taste too artificial to our hippified taste buds.

Really the Winter Stir Fry would have been more seasonal, but I'm a little hesitant to try that one again after I almost set our heads on fire due to a spice miscalculation. This looked like a safer option, all sweet green watery things like pak choi and peas and courgettes. Yum! It was an easy stir fry to like.

What really impressed me was the egg fried rice: namely how easy it was to make. Srsly I don't think we'll ever bother to buy the stuff ever again now I know all you need to do is push some cooked rice around a pan and crack an egg in it. This felt simultaneously like a treat and a health kick, something you definitely don't get from a takeaway. Recommended!

1 comment:

  1. This does sound and look very healthy but... pak choi and courgettes? Sounds like a veritable watery-veg-o-rama. Egg fried rice sounds good though!

    ReplyDelete