Sunday 12 February 2012

Spiced Spinach and Potatoes

by Amy



Substitutions:
No oil. Obv.
Although Stu had his with double cream. I had WW creme fraiche

Rating: 7

So I made this last week or something (I know, I know--I've been slacking) and though it's now all hazed out in my memory I recall no drama in the making. It was pretty straightforward. Mostly I wanted to make it because it looked almost identical to the New Potato and Spinach Curry, only without a) the overly complicated herb/spice sorcery and b) that pastel pink headfuck sauce.

Happy to report that this is exactly what it was, which confirmed my suspicions that all that cardomom pod-bashing time spent on the New Potato and Spinach Curry was time I should have spent painting my nails. Stu's observation was that the double cream Hugh suggested we stir in was luxurious but borderline sickly. Not a problem I had with my low fat creme fraiche, obviously.

This is in the mezze/tapas section, but it went very well with rice, I thought, and served 2 comfortably as a main.

2 comments:

  1. Good tip about the creme fraiche. I will do this when I make it. It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look pretty nice! Not sure how one could ever get super-enthused by spinach and potatoes, but I am a notorious tater hater. Takes all sorts, I suppose. Isn't creme fraiche great? Have you seen that cooking episode of South Park? It always makes me think of that....

    ReplyDelete