Sunday 12 February 2012

Pinto Bean Chilli: Mark II!

by Amy


Substitutions: That's right, this is pinto bean free! Having been inspired by other subs, this has both butter beans and kidney beans.

Rightso this is just a mini-post because I know we have pretty much exhausted the whole pinto bean chilli conversation and we have all moved on etc. I just made this again for some people who came over for dinner and I thought I'd take a snap of the leftovers in proof of its sauce thickness. For why? I used olive oil! PROPER REAL OLIVE OIL. Just look at the shine on this bitch.

It tasted about 15% nicer than the previous times I'd made it. I suppose my 1 Cal spray addiction is tanamount to a cooking disability. Will defo be cracking open the olive oil for guests in future.

Also, the bean choices here were an absolute winner. Butter beans! Nicely done, Rhys.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of your thick sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sauce is so thick and delicious-looking! I'm glad you were inspired by my other pinto substitution. I am going to find a pinto bean one day and it will be the happiest of my life, sadly.

    Did you use green peppers? Are you a green pepper fan? Ewwwwww.

    God, you know Ready, Steady Cook? Couldn't they have just had green peppers and red peppers? Or they could have just said peppers and tomatoes. Doesn't 'green peppers and red tomatoes' sound a bit redundant?

    Anyway, yes, yay to the chilli and the olive oil! Alternately, I only went and bought myself some 1 Cal Spray.

    ReplyDelete